You Are Reading

OUGD501 - Module Evaluation


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
05
 Module Code 
OUGD501               


 Module Title
Design Context


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME
Alex Dyson


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Yet again I have developed my academic writing to quite a large extent. Never taking any courses involving essay writing has made the progression difficult but I have definitely improved. Developing the method of triangulation has been useful too within essay writing because it helped me draw conclusions with a more academic method.









2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I wanted to think outside the box and not make another book in this module. This lead me to brainstorm further and I decided to build an organisation. This meant taking a lot of things into consideration which unfortunately meant there wasn’t enough time to code a whole website or print and make all of the physical elements. Designing the full campaign was the most important task so I concentrated on that. Even though I couldn’t produce any outcomes, presentation of concepts, ideas and concepts is very important so I made sure I designed a set of clear and concise boards to tell the whole story.












3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

The critical understanding of the subject I have investigated has been clearly presented over both my written work as well as the practical body that supports it. This has been possible due to the research carried out and the strength I have developed in finding relevant and useful information to both back up my points as well as counter them. I would like to develop my primary research skills more over this summer for my dissertation.

















4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

Even though my whole project is consistent and well executed, I would of much rather code the website in full and physically produced all of the printed materials, time management would of provided me with more time to complete this however I have struggled a lot to fit everything I have wanted to into each of my modules so each have suffered independently.










5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Next time I will plan a lot further ahead and get working on it sooner rather than later, this will give me more time to plan, develop concepts and produce a larger body of work. Working more into concepts always erases loopholes and faults that may not of otherwise even been noticed, this also strengthens the quality of finished products as they have had more time and thought put into it.









6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality




x
Motivation


x


Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced



x

Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group




x
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.